23 June 2012

Having a Smashing Time

After finding those old Bullet tests I thought I would have a play with the DMM (Digital Molecular Matter) Cinematic plug-in that is included in Maya 2012 before I get my hands on Maya 2013 with it's integrated Bullet plug-in, in the least it will give me opportunity to compare and contrast the two engines that appear to be very similar.
There are a host of dynamic engines currently available in Maya including the original Maya dynamics, the Nucleus system, PhysX, DMM and Bullet and each one has it's own qualities that are beneficial to specific areas of games or visual effects, this can be confusing to say the least but I suppose that Autodesk, in having so many choices, have got a very flexible tool in Maya which can only be a good thing in industry.
Anyway, ramble over, here's my first test using the DMM Cinematic plug-in from Maya 2012. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to continue my investigation of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment