11 July 2012

Balls to the Wall...

Further developing my understanding of the DMM plugin I built a cavity wall to destroy. The idea here was to work with multiple objects and different materials so I have two layers of brick, iron wall ties, wooden planks and a plaster render.



I've used nParticle instancing again and this time have two emitters, the front wall and the plaster layers. I need to spend a bit more time refining the particle motion and my understanding will likely develop the more I use it.
My workflow is definitely improving and I have found that I am able to "sculpt" a simulation rather than just apply the plugin and go with the default outcome. I feel that I need to spend more time working on the applied DMM materials and perhaps push my processor a bit harder to create smaller chunks.

Note to self: get some dust debris going and address the sinking blocks in future simulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment