25 November 2012

Flying For The First time

I know, it's been a while since my last post but it's been busy times, Bradford Animation Festival and graduating students amongst other things have kept me away from personal projects but I managed to spend a couple of hours on the BumbleBus yesterday and have made a test render clip.....


In the clip I'm testing a couple of processes...

1: Using tracked video footage to control the virtual camera. While I have used camera tracking many times in the past I have always used it in order to create a composite shot with the original footage, in this case I wondered how effective it would be to just use the motion in a completely CG environment, the backplate is the HDR image that I have used to light the environment. I like the effect and will certainly pursue it further.

2: Depth of Field. I made a simple rig for the camera using the measure tool and the MR Physical DOF lens so that I can easily control the focal point of my camera. The focal distance in this clip is constant but I intend to experiment with a non fixed position in future.

3: Motion blur. various elements of the BumbleBus have been rendered on separate layers in order to apply motion blur to some and not to others. A black hole shader was used to create a mask for the wings.

As this is just a test I have used a simple motion path and, apart from the wings, I haven't yet applied any other animation to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment